All inspections and evaluations are intended to provide the home owner with recomendations to improve fire safety in and around the home only. They are not in any way intended to identify code violations or administer citations.
What is a Home Fire Safety Inspection?
A home fire safety inspection is a FREE service provided by the Midway Fire District that focuses on 2 specific areas in and around the home.
1. Identifing potential fire safety hazards in the home such as but no limited to:
- Over loaded power coords
- Storage of propane tanks and/or flamable liquids
- Paths of egress
- Fire loads around the home
2. Identifing the availability and functionality of home fire safety equipment such as but not limited to:
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Carbon monoxide alarms
- Home address numbers
What is a Home Smoke Alarm Evaluation?
A home smoke alarm evaluation is a FREE service provided by the Midway Fire District that focuses on 4 areas of smoke alarms to ensure the home is properly protected (This service is included with the Home Fire Safety Inspection but can be a stand alone evaluation if wanted).
1. Ensure the adequate number of smoke alarms needed are present
2. Ensure the smoke alarms that are present are in the correct location.
3. Ensure the smoke alarms that are present are functioning properly
4. Ensure the smoke alarms that are present are not older than the recommended life of usage time of 10 years.
How do I schedule a Home Fire Safety Inspection or Home Smoke Alarm Evaluation?
Fill out and submit the form below and the Fire Marshal will contact you to schedule your Inspection or Evaluation.